Wednesday, October 31, 2012

A2D Official Statement: Why There Is No Halloween Dev Diary


   Over the year or so that I have had this blog, I have taken immense pride in my ability to put out stories that are relevant and timely. When Harry Potter 7.2 came out, I was up until 4:30 in the morning with my review for you guys. When the final Dark Knight movie came out, I went again into the hours of the morning so you guys could have the review the next day. I went to football games across Arizona, and for the love of Jesus, I freaking watched Human Centipede when you guys asked for it. My point is, I work pretty hard to back up my brand with quality material.
   I joke a lot about the “staff” here at According to Dazz. In case you have not picked up on this, it is really just a staff of one—me. Everything is on me. This blog is cool because I can set my own parameters, but I still enforce a certain level of discipline on myself, especially when it comes to the readers. After all, you guys make this whole thing possible.
   If you have not seen the apology I threw up on the Facebook page earlier, the Halloween Dev Diary did not happen. Phi Delta had buses ready to ship a thousand people to the Phright Night barn in Indiana, and after waiting for three different vehicles with my (totally legitmate) wristband and (totally legitimate) identification ready to go, I was not let on a single one. It was awful. The crowd was so aggressive that at one point I was literally suspended off the ground between two people. I am honestly surprised no one was hurt.
   What I want you guys to know is this: I really wanted to do this dev diary for you. It was going to be insane. Partying, dancing, alcohol, a cage (!), and one sober Peter Parker-costumed guy in the middle of it all, giving you coverage of the chaos bound to ensue. I was excited, and I figure some of you guys were pretty excited too.
   I want to apologize to everyone for not closing the deal. I could not make it happen this time. I did the best I could, but the stars were not aligned for this night, I guess. Just know this: I am going to keep working to find that money story for all of you. I am going to make up for this. This has been the first time I have not been able to back something up, and you bet that I do not want it to happen again.
   So keep looking to According to Dazz for everything movies, sports, and Northwestern. I promise to keep working to put out the best brand possible for all of you. Thanks for sticking with it everyone. Happy Halloween.
   Oh, and Phi Delta can suck one.

No comments:

Post a Comment